Thursday, February 08, 2007

Permeated

I like memorizing verses. I think I like it because to do it I have to think about, reflect on, and say the words over and over all day long...because if I don't I can't memorize. This makes those words permeate me, become a part of me. I also like it because the Word has shown me who I am and who I am not, who I want to be and who I don't want to be...they have changed me and continue to change me.

So here is my latest: Hebrews 4:12. The word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

If you want a small complex read on into verse 13...nothing like knowing everything is on the table and you didn't even have to put it there. A big step for me is admitting what is laying there is really laying there, because it is there. I wonder what God is thinking when I pretend what is laying out there isn't there or act like he doesn't see or know it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home