Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas

On my walks through our neighborhood the past week I feel like I have been able to peer into others lives. The hustle and bustle of the Christmas season has been very apparent in the lives of so many of our neighbors. I've seen cooking, present wrapping, tree decorating, stocking hanging, and family gatherings.

It is strange to think how my life is going to change in the next year. We have been the 'scrooges' of the neighborhood for so long...no tree, no lights, no presents, no stockings, none of it. I wonder what Christmas's to come will look like in our home. Last night we were talking about that. One of my questions was: "will we let 'junior' think there is a santa claus?" Its kind of hard to avoid that question...or at least avoid santa claus, that guy is everywhere in our culture.

Well today we are off to our one and only family Christmas event. I am sure next year will be much different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home