Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I'm a Pyro

I like fire. No, I love fire. This week we are burning our brush pile that is more of a mountain of brush. It was probably 200 feet long by 75 feet wide and about 15 feet tall. We had hoped to cook hotdogs on it yesterday, but you couldn't get within 50 feet of for more than a few seconds and we didn't have any 50 foot long poles. Today we may try using a long stick attached to the loader forks. I'll let you know how that works.

I am not sure what it is about fire that gets me excited but it does. It is probably the uncontrolability factor...not that is is out of control, its that you can't really put your hands around fire. Well you can but that hurts. It is also that it is almost alive too. It breaths in the air and exhales the smoke while dancing around absorbing the wood like it is eating it. I think I get that deer in the headlights look when I am around fire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home