Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Haircut

Its a special day for my hair. Its the first day in over five years that I paid for a haircut. About 5 years ago the little Dutch boy in me decided I could achieve the same shaved look I was shelling out $10 for at my local Supercuts by buying a $20 hair clipper from Meijer and doing it myself. I can only think of one major mistake I made...if you have never tried, it is very hard to trim the back of your neck by yourself using two mirrors. But a little shaving cream and a shaver can remedy the situation...if you don't mind the Mr. Clean look.

Natasha requested to see hair on my head a couple months ago. So I began letting my clean shaven head grow out. I have been doing a couple of rough trimmings a month to keep it looking respectable, but today I made my first visit in a long time to a hair stylist. Her name was Sheila and she did a fine job. She turned my scruffy head of hair into a work of art, at least I think that's why people keep staring at me.

2 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Jason said...

I can't wait to see it...I've been thinking of growing my hair out again...it's the little voice in my head saying, "Just go for it...go for the Jesus of Nazereth look!" We're supposed to be Christlike right?

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Yeah my idea of growing out my hair is moving from a size 2 clipper to a size 5 clipper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home