Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Love

So I have been reading through 1st Corinthians, this morning I read chapters 13 and 14. I know that I have read and listened to these verses many times, but for some reason this morning they really struck home.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angred, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

I was thinking about, what is love? Is it patience or kindness? Love never fails. What else never fails? God never fails. God is love. I rewrote those verses in my journal replacing the word love with God. It seems so simple...but it makes so much sense as I read what I wrote and think about how it describes our God.

God is patient, God is kind. He does not envy, he does not boast, he is not proud. God is not rude, he is not self seeking, he is not easily angred, he keeps no record of wrongs. God does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. God always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. God never fails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home