Monday, June 05, 2006

Proverbs

Today is one of those days where I am wondering if I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. Is there something else God wants me to be doing?

Last week I went through the assurance verses to refresh them in my brain. For some reason Proverbs 3:5-6 has been sticking in my head and I keep thinking about it. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight. The fact that I keep thinking about this verse is making me think that there are areas in my life that I am not fully trusting God, that I am leaning on myself.

It seems so counter everything for a 30 something, white, USA male to trust totally in God. Our culture is so the opposite of that. It is kind of sad to see what we have created.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home