Saturday, January 28, 2006

My friend Max

I have a friend named Max. I met Max in KidZone at Impact in the 4/5 year old class. I don't know why, how, or even when we exactly met. I don't know why we connected but we did. I say I don't know why, but I know God intended for our lives to intersect.

I also know being the adult that God intended me to be an example to Max. There is a Chinese proverb that says something like; A child's life is like a piece of paper on which every person leaves a mark. The funny thing is that Max has made a pretty big mark on my life. Max I love the way you live life, granted you are only 5 and following the instructions of you parents. I love your smile, your humor, your love for God, your inquisitive mind, and your caring heart. When I typed inquisitive mind I am reminded of one of the first times I met Max, I was helping him with a puzzle in KZ and I was shocked at how well he was at putting all the pieces together.

Last Saturday was a work day at Epic, a church plant of Impact. All the Listro's showed up. Just another example of their abilities to touch lives. Max and Gavin who are like 5 and 3 helped paint the outside of the building. Granted it was a toss up if they got more paint on eachother or the building it was so awesome to see these five kids working hard.

I can see that same love of life as I look at Max's brothers and sisters so I know that it comes from their parents. Max's parents, Amy and Christian, love God and have given their lives to him and I mean entirely. I was with Christian, Max's dad, last Saturday and he was talking about their up coming move back to Conneticut. All their belongings will fit in to two van's. That is two parents, five kids, and everything they own. I couldn't fit all my own junk in two van's. They are moving back to Conneticut as they prepare to leave the USA to go into the mission field.

The reality that they will be leaving in 8 weeks is setting in for me and I have to admit that I am sad they are leaving. I will miss the marks that they all leave on my life and all the lives around Impact...I will miss Max leaving marks on my paper. Amy and Christian are awesome parents, this world would be a much better place if there were more like them. They have five kids that are very fortunate to have them as parents because they actually parent and they are going after God's heart. So I guess I have to give my blessing to the Listro's to leave Impact and head out and impact more lives in this world. It is is comforting to know that they will be touching lives where ever they go.

Max my prayer for you is Proverbs 3: 5-6. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Hoping are paths cross again.

Your friend,

Jim (I mean Mr. Jim)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home