Monday, December 12, 2005

Rabbit Hunt #2

This past saturday found me and my nephew Matt chasing the bunnies with my dogs. Unfortunately due to all the snow my nephew Aaron and friend Brad weren't able to make it out. We always seem to do better with 3 or 4 people...must be something to do with 6 or 8 eyes and 2 more barrels.

When we got to our farm we got out of my truck and both gave eachother that look of...wow, its really cold and windy out here. That is not usually a good thing for bunnie hunting. But we are dedicated bunnie hunters and a little cold and wind isn't going to deter us one bit. So we bundled up, got the dogs out...who began shaking in the cold snow, and headed out for the brush. Like last week it didn't take them long to get on a hot trail. Unfortunately I got a call on my cell phone about the time the rabbit decided to take a detour towards me. So there a I am one hand holding phone to ear in mid conversation the other hand holding my gun...my brain was stuck somewhere in between the conversation on the phone and every other part of my body saying SHOOT IT! I quickly the other person on the phone had no idea what I was doing and if they all of a sudden heard a gun shot they might freak out on me. So I let the bunnie pass. My nephew ended up getting that rabbit five minutes later when he doubled back on the dogs and ran headlong into the path of my waiting nephew. Silly Rabbit, Trix are for kids...

It was a decent day considering the weather. We hunted for a little over 2 hours and managed to get five rabbits. One of them did a death dive into the snow and was never recovered.

There is something about saturdays with snow, nephew(s), and my beagles. I love them.

1 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger Jason said...

You're a fearsome warrior!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home