Friday, January 04, 2008

8 Months

Max is 8 months old today. It is hard to believe that 8 months ago today we were at the hospital meeting our little Max for the first time. It seems so long ago and so recent all at the same time.

I often find myself wondering what we use to do with our time before him. Now at work I find myself racing to get home to play ball with him. He loves his ball. He hops up and down on his butt while screeching as we roll it back and forth.

He is half a step from crawling...the ball has worked wonders in this area. Everytime it is just out of his grasp he goes from sitting to almost on his hands and knees to reach it but just not quite...and then he pushes himself past that point and ends up on his belly, stretching to reach his ball.

He is also about half a step from walking. He has the shuffle going and has great side to side balance but doesn't quite have the front to back balance thing nailed down yet. When he does...watch out! Right now he likes to hold on to my fingers so he can walk around chasing Abby, our dog, or his ball. I can't imagine that he goes more than a couple months before he is chasing Abby around on his own.

I love him. I love being a dad. I love watching him grow. I love seeing my wife as a mom. She is incredible. I am sure he has no idea how blessed he is to have her as his mommy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home