Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I'm back

Ahhh....I am back to blog land. It's been a long time since I've sat down and typed one of these things out. I've got a plan for 60 more of these so hang on.

It's amazing what 3 day work weeks can do to you. You go into a 4 day weekend thinking about all the rest, relaxation, and rejuvination you are going to get....at least I do. What I don't remember or think about is the price that I am going to pay when I return after that 4 day weekend. I met with my friend Phil and we talked about that...ok I complained to him and he listened. I really don't know where I am going with this other than I don't like 3 day work weeks after them as much as before them.

In that same conversation with Phil he reminded me how he has been trying to polish up 60 Nav verses ( www.navigators.org ) by the end of the year. Of course I agreed to be the "thorn in his side" for the next 6 weeks to help keep him on course. This morning I sent him another email that I hope will encourage him to keep pressing on towards his goal. In it I shared how I know, let me correct that, at different points in time I can say I knew about half of them. After reading through his list of 60 I realized how much of a crutch I was using the order I learned mine to remember them. His list contains at least another 30 and the 30 I know, knew, are in a completely different order than when I learned them. So after explaining to Phil that I felt like someone had reshuffled my nice and neatly stacked deck of cards I ended the email with: needless to say I won't be joining you in having all 60 by the end of 2007...maybe 2008. I hit send and began doing some work at my desk and then looked up at my wall calendar to see that I basically have 60 weeks until the end of 2008...why did I put that calendar there...no just kidding. 1 verse a week is very do-able. If you want to join along here is another great resourse: www.preceptaustin.org/tms


So this week is verse 1 of 60:

Christ the Center

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come!

2 Corinthians 5:17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home