Saturday, May 13, 2006

Who do you say that I am?

I have been thinking about this question a lot this week. It is out of Matthew 16, when Jesus asked his disciples the question... Who do you say that I am? Simon Peter responded, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. I think if I would have answered that question when I was growing up I would have said that Jesus was a distant God, that he wasn't very relevant to my life. Now that I look back on my life I can see that there was distance between where I was at and where God was at...but that distance had nothing to do with anything God had done, it was things that I put in front of God that created the distance.

When I think of who God is now, I think of someone who does the unexpected...who is untamed...who is forgiving...who is alive. Through my relationship with Christ it feels like I am finally getting a glimpse at who God really is. Not necessarily the blue eyed, long brown haired, bearded man I pictured as a kid. So now when I think of God and who he is this is what I think of...

Expecting the unexpected
Accepting the unexplainable
Seeing the indescribable
Believing the unbelievable
Trusting the unknown
Accepting the unacceptable

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home