Friday, September 30, 2005

Opening Day!

Archery deer season opens tomorrow at 7:08 am. To say I am excited would be a bit of an understatement. My wife has been joking with me tonight about "playing hunting", like I am some little kid. Actually I kind of feel like that...its kind of Christmas Eve feeling. All the preperation is done, all the stand building and hanging, tree trimming, and countless hours shooting. The start is actually here, almost. Anticipation.

Tonight will be a sleepless night...waiting for the clock to turn to 4:45 am. Then it starts. A quick breakfast, gathering of all the gear, double checking I have everything and then heading to the farm. Gathering with friends and nephews. Figuring out who is going where, remembering past hunts, getting everything together, and heading out into the darkness to a tree that awaits me. Then waiting. Waiting for the woods to come alive and taking it all in. Yeah it would be great to see some deer and maybe even get a shot, but I will be happy just to be out there in the woods taking it all in. My senses are ready...to smell, feel, see, and hear it all. I wish every tomorrow was opening day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home