Friday, September 09, 2005

Listen, Serve, Be Willing

I was going through my journal from my mission trip to New Zealand and reminiscing about what we did and what I learned. One entry has stayed in my head and has been sort of a prod as I look at who I am, who I want to be, and what kind of life do I want to live.

I think it all stemmed from a devotion we did with Ryan and Angele about Listen, Serve, Be Willing. This is what I wrote about it:

My simple definitions of these words are: listening to God, being willing to do whatever he asks, and serving him in all I do. Simple yet it seems so hard to do. I think the one that scares me the most is Be Willing. Am I willing to do whatever he asks? As I sit here on my leather couch my first thought is oh yeah I would do anything, but what if I am listening and I hear sell everything, sell that couch, pack everything you need and go to ... What will I do if I hear that? Probably pretend I didn't hear it or do the if you really mean it God show me a sign thing and after asking for 10 more signs I will probably still question my hearing abilities.

What does wholehearted devotion look like in my life. Is it leaving the life I know? Is it including God in everything I do? God knows all of my thoughts, motives, and actions. He has a front row seat into my heart and knows exactly why I do what I do.

I want to have eyes for others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home