Monday, September 12, 2005

Dreaming of sitting in my tree

Despite the 90 degree weather today...I wait with eager anticipation.
Less than three weeks and I will be spending some time in my tree.
Truthfully, I have already visited three times with camera in tow.

I dream of the time ahead when I grab my gear and head to the woods.
The frosty mornings that are followed by the warmth of an October sunrise.
Hearing the hoot of an owl and honks of geese overhead.
Being part of the woods as it comes alive.
The scent of the woods triggers all kinds of memories.
Watching the sun set on an autumn sky.

Oh yeah, I will be there.
Drinking it all in with deep gulps.
Its my favorite time of the year.
The return of cooler weather.
Its a time to sit back and relax.
To dream...to think about what has been going on in life.

While it is called bow hunting, it is so much more than that to me.
I love the freshness, the crispness, the pureness.
I will be sucking it all in deeply come October 1st.
I enjoy the time spent with nephews and friends.
Sharing stories of what we have seen and heard.
Dreaming of getting a shot at the big one, but at the same time...
being content to sit back, relax, unwind and dream while sitting in my tree.

1 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger Jason said...

this is what I'm talking about...someone who gets the intoxication of the woods. The smells, the sounds, the sights. This blog took me there, bro. Thanks for sharing your anticipation. anticipation is contagious even if your don't hunt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home